The Ilwaco charter fleet called all of their trips yesterday, but as my crew was already in town we decided to wait until today and see how the forecast shaped up.
We could have pounded it out 40+ miles into the wind and ran back early to beat the bar, but that would only leave 4.5 hours or so to fish.
I convinced most of our crew that they should save their $2,700 and come back on a better a day.
Instead we went for a no charge bottom fishing trip and loaded up (24) on rockfish and then went on to get skunked on salmon. Burning a little fuel and bait is the least Clark and I could do for some guys who drove a long way not to fish for tuna.
We are sitting out tomorrow, but at it again on Tuesday.
Hopefully the Ilwaco Tuna Air Patrol will lock down some good numbers for us.